Saturday, November 12, 2011

Home for the Holidays House and Album

I saw a similar item at my local craft store a few weeks ago. I thought it was so cute, I just had to make one. It took me some time to make it so I've decided to show you how so you can try it.


Here are the supplies that I used...

2- 5"x7" pieces of mat board
2- 4 3/4"x6" pieces of mat board
2- 4"x8 1/2 mat board with the top cut to a point
4- 3/4 book rings
At least 6 pieces of Double sided paper
Ink
Trimmer, Scissors
glue, hole puncher
lots of ribbon

Cover the mat board with paper and ink the sides. You will use the small rectangles and tall sides. (set the 5"x7" to the side) I found that it's best to match 2 mat board pieces and punch them together. Then start lacing with ribbon so the ribbon crosses in the front.





Cover the inside of what will be the roof of the 5"x7" pieces and hole punch them for the 4 rings.
Next, cut the other paper in half.
One half needs to be cut into 3- 6"x4"
The other half needs to be cut 6"x7". Put the smaller piece to the side for another project.


Cut the 7" pieces into 1" strips. I cut these strips free handed with curves on one of the long sides. You could tear them or even use special scissors. You can ink the one side and fold it up a little

Take the back of the album cover (which is the roof), start at the bottom layering the strips as you go.

Put the roof on and you’re finished!


You can decorate it as you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment