Sunday, August 7, 2011

Our Journey Begins

This is the story of how Jeff and I’s journey began back in 1993.

As so many couples start out, Jeff and I met when we were in high school. We went to different schools in nearby towns. We both had our very first job at Burger King. It really was a gross place to work, but our friends worked there too so it was always fun .

After Jeff had asked me on a date several times, and I saying no several times, I finally agreed. Being that we were pour high school kids, we went to the closet city park.

 I don't remember if it had been raining. I do remember that it was hard to walk in my penny loafers that had been in the Burger King grease. As we start on the hill that led to the parks pond, I noticed very quickly that my feet were no longer on the ground. Instead they were above my head and my rear end was in instant pain. As I lay there totally humiliated, and trying not to cry or laugh, I look up at Jeff who has a look on his face that said a million words. The only thing that his mouth said was "Are you Ok?" "Yes, I think so," I replied. (Even though I wasn't so sure) Then this tall, strong boy said, "Would it be Ok if I laugh then?" "Of course" I said.
Even though I ended up breaking my tail bone and having a hard time sitting for a few weeks, it gave us a fun memory and the start of a life time of laughs.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my what a way to have a first date, but it was one that you will NEVER forget...

    ReplyDelete